Summer ends
With summer nearly ending, it seems like high time to recap what we've been up to the last two months! Besides our cross-country trip east, we kept it mostly local this summer - parks, trails, festivals and enjoying the convenience of our super-walkable neighborhood. The two-kid lifestyle has definitely taken some adjusting, making it hard to commit to big things. There is always some new change that throws a kink in the pattern, causing frustration, doubt and crankiness - I think all parents can relate to that one! That being said, it is truly exciting to be witness to the development and maturity of these two little people who are ours and ours alone.
A few noteworthy moments and some pics to go along with them:
One of "the pack" - with her cousins Peter and Andy. She talks about them every single day in some form or another. In another six months or so, Leo will be standing there too.
Liana and her friends, Maja and Uma at Zigzag Mountain Farm in Welches, Ore. Maja's parents own the beautiful property and it was our first time staying in a yurt as a family!
Liana's first day of preschool at a local community center called The Friendly House. She's doing great so far, and I can already see that I am going to cherish those four hours, three mornings a week! I love the walk to school - there's definitely a buzz in the air at 8am, as we walk past older kids waiting for school buses, people buying coffee and bike commuters riding by.
Leo starting solid foods! So far he devours his cereal, loves sweet potatoes and gets a funny face with avocado - we'll keep working on it.
I HAD to document Leo's hair as a mohawk. It's just so much more hip than the comb-over he is usually sporting. :-)
A few noteworthy moments and some pics to go along with them:
One of "the pack" - with her cousins Peter and Andy. She talks about them every single day in some form or another. In another six months or so, Leo will be standing there too.
Liana and her friends, Maja and Uma at Zigzag Mountain Farm in Welches, Ore. Maja's parents own the beautiful property and it was our first time staying in a yurt as a family!
Liana's first day of preschool at a local community center called The Friendly House. She's doing great so far, and I can already see that I am going to cherish those four hours, three mornings a week! I love the walk to school - there's definitely a buzz in the air at 8am, as we walk past older kids waiting for school buses, people buying coffee and bike commuters riding by.
Leo starting solid foods! So far he devours his cereal, loves sweet potatoes and gets a funny face with avocado - we'll keep working on it.
I HAD to document Leo's hair as a mohawk. It's just so much more hip than the comb-over he is usually sporting. :-)
And of course, no collection of childhood photos could be complete without underwear on the head. Or, in Liana's world - a helmet.


1 Comments:
So adorable. And that hair! Hope to see you all soon :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home