go home!
Home Updates Photos

Friday, May 4, 2012

A Month of Changes

Well, it's been a month since Leo joined our family and it sure has flown by! I know I said that I would save the story of his birth for a future post, but at this point, I think I'll just focus on what has happened since then. If anyone is really interested in knowing the full story, I'd be happy to send you the play by play. The tiny nutshell version is that Leo was a big baby, although I am not a big person. Try as I might, I was unable to push him out, so a c-section was the ultimate order of the night. It was all quite a whirlwind and unexpected series of events, but in the end we were relieved and thrilled to finally meet our beautiful boy.
We were exceptionally fortunate to have family in town during the first few weeks, who helped us get through those tough, early days while I recovered from surgery. We have definitely missed having the extra hands around to hold Leo, play with Liana or prepare the delicious home-cooked meals we all enjoyed! 
Babi with her seventh grandchild
Grandma Margie also with her seventh grandchild!
Aunt Stacy (Tom's sister) with Leo
...and Liana
Leo has been an adorable and sweet little guy, and I've really been savoring this newborn phase with him. We truly believe he has cracked a few genuine smiles, and even if they weren't, they still make us feel good. :-)  He continues to grow and change every day, and I am so grateful that nursing is going well for the both of us. (We made sure to check his frenulum on day one, and are happy to report that he is NOT tongue tied! :-) We are of course feeling tired - juggling the needs of two kids, plus just maintaining some semblance of order at home - but I'm sure a "rhythm" will come eventually, especially once I feel physically stronger.
Liana is up and down as far as her interactions with Leo go, and she is still up to her mischievous ways, but continues to provide comic relief in our house. We just cut her hair last weekend - for the very first time (!) - so she is now sporting a new, short hairstyle. I'm glad I didn't botch it up too much, but am also glad I held off on trying to cut bangs. :-) Here are some before and after videos. It's funny, in the first one I can really see the panic in my eyes, just after I make the first snip with the scissors! 


There are also a bunch of new pics posted, so feel free to check them out on the Photos page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

The surprised look on your face is pretty funny Natalie - looks nice. I don't have the guts to do it myself. Lily's hair requires a clip too and she loses them ALL THE TIME because she likes to pull them out and hold them -weird. Better than her hair pulling phase though. I'm glad the first month has been going so well and you're really enjoying the newborn phase. I think we're both the same enjoying it a bit more the 2nd time - a little less worry, right? Thanks for making the time to blog.

May 5, 2012 at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home