go home!
Home Updates Photos

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dada's Christmas Gifts


Although Christmas is nearly a month behind us, I wanted to be sure to write about Tom’s last woodworking accomplishment. He has had a goal every year to make wooden toy presents for the kids, and this year did not disappoint. I am so proud of him for completing these beautiful creations, despite all the house remodel craziness and his workshop being the staging and storage area for various construction materials. It’s a testament to his inherent skill and ability as a craftsman, as well as his dedication, working in the shop all those late nights.

Liana and Leo loved unwrapping their new toys on Christmas Eve - a Nutcracker and a working crane truck – which they knew were specially made by “Dada”. Leo has been obsessed with cranes for a while now, and having a custom made one that actually picks up blocks is his dream come true. Liana can now finally properly “play” Nutcracker, which is a story she has been in love with for years now. I'm glad I caught her initial reaction on video. 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

wow. Tom's creations are amazing. He keeps stepping up his game. Just imagining what he'll come up with for his grandkids someday. These gifts will surely be passed down too and stand the test of time. Bravo Tom. So cool. You're a good and sweet wife bragging for Tom because I know Tom wouldn't do it. :)

January 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, those are awesome. Great work Tom! (Beeman)

January 13, 2015 at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home